Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
|"Submit to my designs."
By Tyler 'RiotWenceslaus' Eltringham 
Zac's AoE damage and self-healing skills provide him with a lot of flexibility on the battlefield. His high level of sustainability makes him an ideal choice whether you're tearing through the jungle or trading hits in top lane.
- In the jungle
Zac's combination of area damage and healing makes him a natural jungler. If you're partial to early game aggression, starting with an early lizard buff and spending your second skill point in Elastic Slingshot can open early gank opportunities. Since Zac's abilities have no mana cost, you might also consider donating an early golem buff to your AP carry. Once the action starts ramping up, you can make use of Elastic Slingshot's massive range to create sneaky gank opportunities by circumventing popular ward locations.
Zac's skillset also makes him excel in top lane. His AoE presence allows you to quickly clear waves from your turrets in high-pressure situations or shove the lane when you're on the offensive. The healing mechanic on Cell Division also helps win exchanges with your lane opponent, allowing you to bully enemies back to base and create opportunities for counter-jungling or ganks. While you're roaming, the mobility afforded by Elastic Slingshot can help you get the drop on an unsuspecting enemy or escape from sticky situations by hopping over terrain.
- Team Fights
As the game progresses, Zac's extreme mobility and strong crowd control make him a tremendous asset in team fights. With some patience and setup, you can use a fully channeled Elastic Slingshot to deploy Let's Bounce! from huge distances. Once you're in the thick of it, the additional bounces from your ultimate let you pressure fragile, high-value targets, disrupting enemy positioning as you draw fire off less durable allies. Since every bounce of your ultimate yields healing chunks, you'll also have the sustainability you need to keep up the attack. If the opposing team making aggressive moves, you can opt to use the knock-up and slow from Let's Bounce! defensively, creating valuable space for the rest of your team to safely disengage. Whether you're initiating or counter-initiating, Zac has ample crowd control to keep your team out of trouble.
- Champion Spotlight
Zac quickly tears through monster camps using a combination of high-sustain mechanics and potent area damage. With a little setup, Zac also has some of the longest range initiation potential to date, enabling a variety of particularly devious ganks. Add in a powerful AoE ultimate and you've got one boisterous blob that's ready to lead the charge on the Fields of Justice.
Find out more about this amorphous combatant with tips, tricks, sample mastery builds and more in the Zac Champion Spotlight.
- Recommended Items
- Playing As Zac
- Playing Against Zac
- Ability Usage
- Although all of Zac's abilities cost a percentage of his current health, the cost is always compensated by picking up the blobs from Cell Division.
- In fact, because bloblets recover a percentage of Zac's maximum health, picking up bloblets has a net healing effect which is increased at low health. Therefore, do not be afraid to spam your skills provided you can safely collect the bloblets.
- However, do not overextend to collect a bloblet if doing so will expose you to crowd control, or more damage than you would heal.
- Cell Division allows Zac to survive many situations that other champions could not.
- For example, getting hit by Zac can reach safety, he will be able to 'respawn' with half of his maximum health. at low health is fatal to many champions, but so long as
- This also includes tower diving. At maximum range of the turret, at least two of Zac's blobs will land out of range, allowing him to survive and come back with over a quarter of his maximum health.
- Stretching Strike is a powerful slowing ability with a deceptively long range. Use this ability to lock down targets when pursuing or escaping.
- Unstable Matter is a great AoE damage ability. Its percent damage makes it perfect for clearing jungle camps and gives Zac strong sustained damage against enemy champions.
- Spamming Unstable Matter is a massive source of AoE damage in teamfights since it has a low cooldown and the percent damage is effective against champions.
- The percent damage on Unstable Matter actually makes it a worse skill for farming minions in lane and killing small jungle creeps because of their low maximum health.
- Zac can jump over walls with Elastic Slingshot, allowing him to avoid warded areas. Therefore, this skill is invaluable both in setting up and performing ganks.
- When initiating using Elastic Slingshot, be sure to jump towards the back of the enemy team in an attempt to hit and focus the AD/AP carry.
- The combination of Elastic Slingshot and Let's Bounce! is an amazing initiation tool, which can easily stack a teamfight in your favor from the beginning.
- When using Let's Bounce!, try to hit each member of the enemy team at least once to maximize the damage and number of knock-ups that the ability can achieve.
- Although you cannot use Stretching Strike or Elastic Slingshot during Let's Bounce!, you can use Unstable Matter. Take advantage of this to maximize Zac's damage output.
- Even when building very tanky, Zac has surprising damage output in teamfights. The enemy team will either be forced to focus you (allowing your ADC and APC to wreak havoc) or else take lots of damage from Zac's abilities.
- Using Let's Bounce! will result in the dropping of four blobs from Cell Division, which you can pick up for a whopping amount of your maximum health (even more with )
- Since Zac's bloblets count as minions, allies can to them to give Zac a brief period of invulnerability while reviving.
- Mastery Usage
- Zac generally makes good use of the masteries in the Resolve tree.
- works well as Zac will be building a lot of resistances. is less needed due to his innate sustain.
- helps with Zac's clear slightly by mitigating some damage. is decent too if you gank a lot.
- is amazing as it increases Zac's healing and stacks with .
- reduces Zac's summoner spell cooldowns, which is helpful for more and (or other spells if not jungling).
- and are both equally effective choices for Zac.
- is the most suitable keystone for Zac as he can accrue stacks quickly in the jungle with his relatively fast clears. The extra 300 health and sustain he gets from the mastery benefit his already high tankiness and sustain.
- Item Usage
- As a tanky initiator, Zac should purchase items that offer survivability. CDR is also extremely important since he is manaless and reliant on cooldowns for engage or peel. AP and Magic Penetration can also be considered if ahead or if his team needs more damage as Zac's AP ratios and base damage are quite high.
- Zac for a tank build, since it provides health, armor, and useful active and passive effects. is a strong item on
- Zac. adds increased sustain, health, cooldown reduction, magic resistance, and no mana-related stats, making it perfect for
- For boots, your decision should be between , , or . However, should only be used if you need to be getting back to lane very quickly, or if you're jungling and need more mobility.
- Zac. should be taken to provide tons of health as well as very strong health regeneration effect. It is especially effective when combined with . It also gives CDR which is a bit hard to come by as most tank items that give the stat also give mana which is useless on
can be useful because of percent health boost and area damage.
is amazing, since it gives AoE damage, health, and armor, which all tanks need in order to be effective.
- Be careful when using Immolate passives do not stack. and together, as the
- is really effective on all tanks, since it gives health and magic resist, as well as an active that allows you to shield your entire team, making your strong initiation skills even stronger.
- A Zac. Since the item synergizes well with Cell Division he is granted a 'second life', which makes Zac incredibly difficult to kill and adds extra turret diving capacity.
is a good item to rush on
- Cell Division, which makes a worthwhile item. revive passive takes higher priority over
- Zac's damaging style, plus this item functions well in combination with or .
is a core item for a bruiser build. The slow, health, and AP all work perfectly with
- Unstable Matter as all his other abilities already have CC. works well even for a tank build because it provides a lot of health and gives utility and bonus damage. However, it should be noted that the passive only really works with his
- Zac's abilities have high base damage and have ranges that work with the aura. is a good offensive item, offering AP, MR, CDR and a passive that reduces enemy MR. The passive is especially effective as
- For boots, you should use , , or . The decision is based on whether you want survivability, cooldown reduction, or magic penetration.
is not recommended, but can be used if more damage is necessary.
- Consider substituting it with a for more survivability.
- is a viable purchase because of the survivability it provides as well as the AP and CDR, not to mention the stasis active.
- Zac despite wasting the mana restoration. offers ability power and movement speed, making it a very efficient source of damage and mobility for
- Unstable Matter even more potent. This is a particularly effective pick in combination with .
is basically a must on him, since he is so heavily based on health and that penetration will make his percent damage on
- Since penetration works so well in combination with Unstable Matter, is also a viable pick.
- Try not to waste gold on items with mana or mana regeneration components, as these are wasted on Zac.
- Any slots not taken up by AP items should be slotted to increasing survivability, since Zac needs to be so close to enemies to effectively deal damage.
- Zac more effective healing due to the healing from Cell Division being partially negated by the health cost of his abilities. E.g. you're at 50% HP, you cast an ability which puts you to 48%, and then you pick up a blob which heals to up to 52.8% (rather than 52% without the which is an effective healing increase of 40%). is highly effective on him, and it is recommended that you pick it up regardless of build path, unless there are no champions on the enemy team that do significant magic damage. It is extremely strong because passive gives
- Zac heals from the blobs that separate from him. You can crush them by stepping on them.
- Kill all of Zac's bloblets when he splits apart to prevent him from reforming.
- You can use and on the bloblets.
- Silences, roots, stuns and knock ups will all interrupt the charging of Zac's Elastic Slingshot.
- All forms of crowd control are especially effective against Zac, since without mobility to allow him to collect his healing blobs from Cell Division he will, therefore, chop down his own health.
- Building a Zac can be extremely effective, since it significantly reduces his healing. or against
- Zac needs to be very close to you in order to deal the majority of his damage, which makes kiting a very viable strategy.
- Cell Division has a very long cooldown. Popping this before a teamfight or other major engagement can cripple his effectiveness.
- Be sure to keep an eye on when this is available, as it will allow you to more accurately determine whether you can win a 1v1 with him. Click Zac before a teamfight to see if his passive is active.
- Even though they take reduced AoE damage, you can still easily destroy all of Zac's bloblets by using a mage with a lot of AoE damage. Champions such as Malzahar, Brand and Swain can easily kill Zac while Cell Division is activated.
- Champions like Gragas, Janna, Lee Sin, Tristana and Xin Zhao can throw Zac away when he uses Let's Bounce!, by using their own ultimate abilities.
- Zac deals only magic damage with his abilities. As such, you can buy magic resistance to counter his damage.