|"Listen close- urgh, I have important- urgh! This is why I can't take you nice places!"
In V4.20, the base statistics of all champions changed. Please be wary that the information displayed below may be out-dated.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Zed's ultimate was changed before release to create only one shadow. Forum post by Scarizard, it originally created two shadows and is still animated for two.
- Zed was designed by CertainlyT and Samizul .
- Zed is the 1st champion whose death animation shows him escaping (via a shadow portal), rather than actually dying. Whether he actually manages to cheat death remains open to debate.
- His Shockblade skin has a different animation. Instead of crawling into a shadow portal, a bolt of lightning strikes him and he disappears.
- Zed is the 5th champion to utilize energy as a resource.
- Zed is one of the 8 champions who do not have a single skill that scales off ability power, along with Darius, Draven, Garen, Olaf, Riven, Talon, and Vayne.
- Zed switches his running animation into Airplane Arms, seen here when moving at a high movement speed (such as using Ghost).
- The Airplane Arms animation is also activated when Zed is affected by an ally's Captain-enchanted boots, suggesting that any temporary speed buff will change his running animation.
- Zed is the third dark-themed Ionian Champion along with Syndra and Varus.
- Zed's abilities have elements that mirror those of the Kinkou's. Zed's Razor Shuriken mirrors Kennen's Thundering Shuriken, his Living Shadow mirrors Shen's Shadow Dash and his Shadow Slash mirrors Akali's Crescent Slash. Zed's ultimate Death Mark also "marks" a target, which deals additional effects upon detonation. This is similar to Shen's Vorpal Blades, Kennen's Mark of the Storm and Akali's Mark of the Assassin.
- Zed's dance is inspired by various martial arts. The animator that formed the idea is a black belt .
- Zed's joke is a reference to the franchise.
- Zed shares a quote with Shen: "Without a sound."
- Zed has a special taunt when facing Shen "Challenge me Shen....You shall not be an orphan long!".
- Zed bears some resemblance to the
from the franchise, namely Shredder's later designs where his face cannot be seen and his facemask is a grill-like kenpo.
- Zed also serves as an antagonistic role to a group of ninjas in his backstory.
- Zed has similar powers over shadows and looks similar to from the series.
- Zed also bears some resemblance to from the franchise, mainly due to the name and similarities in the mask.
- The skin bears some resemblance to from the franchise.
- Zed and Shen were taught under the same master, Shen's father, and were rivals to one another. However, before Zed's fall, Shen respected him as a strong fellow student and was even a bit jealous of him as Shen's father was less strict towards him .
- Zed would later murder Shen's father and establish a new ninja order, the Order of the Shadow.
- Zed seeks to abolish the old ways of balance and replace them with the forbidden art of the shadow. Any ninja who refuses to learn will be eliminated.
- According to Runaan, Akali may have some former connection to Zed. What that connection was has yet to be elaborated on, but it has something to do with her title, "the Fist of Shadow", and her passive, "Twin Disciples" . In a later post, he mentions that Zed once has a "favourite student" who has since left the Order of Shadows , and that Zed thinks her talents are wasted with the Kinkou.
- Zed sees Kennen as a disgrace. Syndra may consider allying with Zed. Karma recognizes Zed as a dangerous force of chaos that must be stopped. Future interactions between Zed and Nocturne have been hinted at .
- The most common speculation comes from the entire community, saying Zed is Nocturne. A full explanation is listed here.
- Akali wants him dead, Shen thinks there might be another way, and Kennen believes he is not beyond redemption .
- He is being hunted by Kalista