+120 ability power|
|Active||Unique Active - Stasis: Put yourself in stasis for 2.5 seconds, rendering yourself untargetable and invulnerable for the duration, but also unable to move, attack, cast spells, or use items during this time. 90 second cooldown.|
Magic > Ability Power|
Defense > Armor
|Item cost||3300g (500g)|
- The base stats are gold efficient without the active.
- This item resulted from the separation of the offensive and defensive abilities of the removed item . This is the defensive item; is the offensive item.
- Along with ability power (not taking into account that passive, which works with itself). and , this item offers the highest amount of
- The "Hourglass" in the name is a reference to the fact that by using its active ability, you are granted a few more seconds to live. Within those few seconds, your cooldowns will continue to drop and your team may come to help you.
- Champions like Twitch can benefit from these few seconds to "fade to stealth" by stealthing then activating . After emerging from the stasis, they will be fully stealthed.
- turrets as you will lose aggro when you become untargetable, meaning you don't need to waste time walking out of turret range for it to transfer targets, and makes it safer to stay under fire for a longer time. can help with taking down
- Activating the active will cancel channeled abilities; however, non-channeled area abilities such as Fiddlesticks's and Morgana's ultimates will continue, making Zhonya's Hourglass particularly powerful when used in the middle of an enemy team, allowing them to continue doing damage while being invulnerable to counterattack.
- While Stasis is active, any pets the user currently has (e.g. Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave or Annie's Summon Tibbers) can still be issued commands.