|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Skribbles was Zyra's first Creative Designer, CertainlyT was the final Designer, although Morello, Xypherous, and Coronach all had a piece of Zyra's development .
- Zyra is voiced by Cassiopeia, Fiora, Shyvana, and Elise. , who also voices
- Morello stated this champion was inspired by , a character class from the games.
- Zyra's Rise of the Thorns is similar to the Sadida's Still Life. Sadida revives as an Ultra-Powerful Doll, while Zyra turns into a large plant.
- Zyra's Rampant Growth is similar to Sadida's Doll Seeds, as both types of seeds have different forms depending on the spells used on them.
- Zyra's Grasping Roots is similar to Sadida's Bramble, as both cover the enemy in thorny roots and deal damage.
- Zyra's name resembles the word "Zahra" in Arabic, which means 'blooming flower'.
- Zyra's name resembles the word "Zera" in Hebrew, which means 'Seed'.
- The visual effects designer for Zyra's log-in screen was Anthony Possobon.
- Her goals are to experience the world from her new perspective. For a being so ancient to suddenly change in such a dramatic fashion, it's like a complete rebirth. In this way, basic survival is still an issue, because she is experiencing the world anew .
- Zyra is one of the five champion to have an ability that allow the champion to attack after death. Zyra's ability is Rise of the Thorns, while the others are Karthus's Death Defied, Kog'Maw's Icathian Surprise, Sion's Glory in Death, and Yorick's Omen of Death.
- Zyra's co-creator, CertainlyT, hinted in the LoL forums that Zyra has three hidden passives. They're confirmed to be:
- Zyra's dance resembles the basic movements for the dance " ".
- Zyra's passive was called Queen of Thorns before being changed to Rise of the Thorns.
- Zyra is the fourth champion to have a special animation while using or in which she looks up and extends red vines in her arms touching the ground.
- Zyra is the fifth champion to be able to transform, albeit hers has a different mechanic than Elise, Nidalee, Shyvana and Swain.
- Zyra's passive, Rise of the Thorns, and ultimate, Stranglethorns, have a cyan hue instead of green in her Champion Spotlight.
- Zyra's Rampant Growth is possibly a reference to the card of the same name.
- Zyra's earring has some resemblance to the icon of the Zerg Swarm in here. - a comparison can be found
- Zyra is the second champion who shares her title with a skill name, after Vayne.
- Zyra was speculated to be a stealth champion since her release went along with the new stealth system.
- Enemies rooted by Grasping Roots have "Rooted, literally" debuff on them for the duration.
- It bears resemblance to from the .
- She resembles two enemies from the Mega Man series: PlantMan.EXE and Axle the Red
- It bears similarities to the character from the series - similar appearance and voices, titles Rise of the Thorns and Queen of Blades, and even a quote - Kerrigan saying "This world is mine" and Zyra's "This land is mine".
- Her hair is similar to that of Jessie from the series.
- Her seed monsters resemble the Iblis monsters from .
- It is a possible reference to .
- Her appearance resembles Sarah Kerrigan from the .
- She shares this theme with Maokai and Nocturne.
- This skin is related to "SK Telecom T1", who have won the League of Legends Season 3 World Championship finals.
- This skin represents PoohManDu of SK Telecom T1.
- She shares this theme with Jax, Lee Sin, Vayne and Zed.
- Zyra looks down on Maokai. Personality-wise, Zyra is a predator, a killer, the wild fury of nature, whereas Maokai is the sturdy, defensive, protective force of nature. Zyra loves the power that her new "animal" form gives her, Maokai laments it. They might be the only ones able to show each other the merits of either form. 
- Ahri might be a subject of interest to Zyra, since there is some commonality to how they both came to be. Otherwise she would just be a many-tailed snack. 
- Main Theme
- Related Themes