- It was initially thought Zyra would have a stealth ability (both her and the game's stealth rework came out at the same time)
- Bradford 'CertainlyT' Wenban hinted at Zyra having three hidden passives later revealed to be:
- If Zyra kills either or (or if one of them kills her) the killer receives 2 extra gold (references )
- gets +1 movement speed if Zyra is on his team.
- makes Zyra grow in size for a short time.
- Zyra's dance references .
- Zyra is the fourth champion to have a dedicated / animation.
- (Zyra's first Innate) and have a cyan hue in her 'Champion Spotlight'.
- the eponymous card from . might be referencing
- Enemies hit by are applied the 'Rooted, literally' cosmetic debuff for the duration.
- 's tooltip describing Thorn spitters as 'shooting little friendliness pellets' references .
- Her name resembles:
- "This land is mine" might be referencing from ("This world is mine")
- [ |
- Ryan 'Morello' Scott stated she was inspired by the from .
- She resembles from , and from , from , and from .
- [ |
- Her and resemble from .
- She shares this theme with [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , and [ | .
- [ |
- She celebrates Harrowing 2013.
- She might be referencing .
- She resembles from .
- She shares this theme with [ | and [ | .
- [ |
- She celebrates SK Telecom T1 winning the Season 3 World Championship.
- She represents PoohManDu.
- She shares this theme with [ | , [ | , [ | , and [ | .
- [ |
- She is a Draconic Antagonist to the Dragonslayer skin line.
- She shares this theme with [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , and [ | .
- Zyra wants to explore the world she glimpsed when consuming the sorceress, as well as to adapt to her new form, the fragility of which makes basic survival all the more important.
- Zyra (the predatory plant who relishes her new form) looks down on  (the guardian nature spirit who laments his own) and yet they might be the only ones able to show each other the merits of their newfound bodies.
- Zyra might show some interest in  considering the commonality in their acquisition of a humanoid form, but otherwise the Fox is merely a many-tailed snack.
- ↑ Pliny the Elder, Natural History, IV. 18
- ↑ https://indo-european.info/pokorny-etymological-dictionary/%C4%9Du%CC%AFer-_%C4%9Du%CC%AFer%C9%99.htm
- ↑ Sale et al. Universal history, Part I, Vol. 7, page 199
- ↑ Strabo, Geography, 10.5, http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Strabo/10E*.html
- ↑ http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/morph?l=su%2Fros&la=greek&can=su%2Fros0&prior=suropoio/s
- ↑ https://lrc.la.utexas.edu/lex/master#P4172
- ↑ Zyra - Creative Design AMA 1
- ↑ Zyra - Creative Design AMA 2
- ↑ Zyra - Creative Design AMA 3