- It was initially thought Zyra would have a stealth ability (both her and the game's stealth rework came out at the same time)
- Zyra might come from zahra (Arabic: 'blooming flower') and/or zera (Hebrew: 'seed')
- Bradford 'CertainlyT' Wenban hinted at Zyra having three hidden passives later revealed to be:
- Zyra's dance references .
- Zyra is the fourth champion to have a dedicated / animation.
- Rise of the Thorns (Zyra's first Innate) and Stranglethorns have a cyan hue in her 'Champion Spotlight'.
- Rampant Growth might be referencing the eponymous card from .
- Enemies hit by Grasping Roots are applied the 'Rooted, literally' cosmetic debuff for the duration.
- Deadly Spines's tooltip describing Thorn spitters as 'shooting little friendliness pellets' references .
- "This land is mine" might be referencing from ("This world is mine")
- Classic Zyra [ |
- Ryan 'Morello' Scott stated she was inspired by the from .
- She resembles from , and from , from , and from .
- Wildfire Zyra [ |
- Her Thorn Spitters and Vine Lashers resemble from .
- She shares this theme with Infernal Alistar [ | , Infernal Diana [ | , Infernal Mordekaiser [ | , Infernal Nasus [ | , Firefang Warwick [ | , and Volcanic Wukong [ | .
- Haunted Zyra [ |
- She might be referencing .
- She resembles from .
- She shares this theme with Haunted Maokai [ | and Haunting Nocturne [ | .
- SKT T1 Zyra [ |
- She celebrates SK Telecom T1 winning the Season 3 World Championship.
- She represents PoohManDu.
- She shares this theme with SKT T1 Jax [ | , SKT T1 Lee Sin [ | , SKT T1 Vayne [ | , and SKT T1 Zed [ | .
- Zyra wants to explore the world she glimpsed when consuming the sorceress, as well as to adapt to her new form, the fragility of which makes basic survival all the more important.
- Zyra (the predatory plant who relishes her new form) looks down on Maokai (the guardian nature spirit who laments his own) and yet they might be the only ones able to show each other the merits of their newfound bodies.
- Zyra might show some interest in Ahri considering the commonality in their acquisition of a humanoid form, but otherwise the Fox is merely a many-tailed snack.